Monday, December 19, 2005

Weird dreams

That's what I've been having recently. It's bizarre. A couple of weekends ago I had just plain bloody scary nightmares, while last weekend I had two that were a little more odd.

Saturday night consisted of myself plotting to kill someone for a couple of weeks. No idea why or who. The climax came when I went to their house while it was dark. It was a grand house with a huge garden. I only managed to get through the gates when I inexplicably jumped into some long grass to wait for them to come back from somewhere. Not sure why I didn't head to the house itself though.

After a few minutes I think to myself 'I might get caught' and I immediately jump up and sneak off. Quite why that thought escaped me during my weeks of planning is clearly stupid.
Then it got just plain strange as I sneaked into a hotel type flat complex thing. There are cleaners there who I try to avoid. One of them says for me to open the door to let the air come in. So I do. Then I go through several other doors and narrowly avoid a security guard. I duck into what I thought was a large concert hall type room but then when I turn around I realize it is not that at all. It is a large room, padded with tiles with lift-like doors on the straight wall to my left and a curved wall to my right. Steps lie on the far wall. Suddenly the lift doors open and I run for the steps on the far wall. After that everything is a blur.

The interesting thing for me is that the room I was just in actually looked fantastic. I didn't described it very well but I remember loving the look of it. And I thought of it in a dream. Badgertastic!


Of course, it could be a lingering memory of something that has been trapped in my mind for a long time. But I think more than likely it was a combination of other memories fused together to make something completely new. Shame I'm a crap drawer so I'll never be able to do it justice.

Anyway, Sunday night's dream was short and strange. I should point out before I go into it that I have been pondering stopping smoking recently. Well, slightly more than usual anyway. Not that I'm a big smoker but when I'm out drinking the beer orders me to smoke.

Anyway, to the dream: I had just found out that I only had a short time left to live. Terrible news but I didn't take it that badly. I shrugged and said to myself, 'well at least I can carry on smoking and not worry about it'.


What a worrying selection of dreams, eh? Clearly from a mind that is on it's last legs. Possibly, but I hope not. In real life, I'd prefer to give up smoking rather than die. Although, to be fair I shall probably do neither for the foreseeable future...

No comments: